Board Recruitment Workflow
Generally, functioning of the journal is overseen by an Editorial Advisory board, which consists of eminent and competent researchers in the field, who contribute by inviting contributions and proposing expert opinions on the suitability of submissions. The Editorial board consists of the following important positions:
The Editor-in-Chief is primarily the one responsible for activities conducted for the journal and maintains the right of final acceptance or rejection of manuscripts.
An Associate Editor is a managing editor who directs processing of the manuscripts which entail soliciting manuscripts from potential contributors, assessing the suitability of the manuscript with respect to its scope, managing the peer review process, devising strategies for the progress of the journal, coordinating with the reviewers and board members, taking decisions on the revised submissions and occasionally assisting the Editor-in-chief in final acceptance or rejection of manuscripts.
Each of our specialty sections is led by a field expert who is recognized for their research. Bentham Science also appoint an active Section Editor, for the "Current Frontiers" section, on the Journal's Board. The core responsibility of the Section Editor will include writing Short Mini-Reviews (about 4 to 5 pages) or soliciting such reviews from eminent experts on cutting-edge recent developments with comprehensive references to recent literature.
Editorial Board Members:
The Editorial Advisory board consists of a panel of researchers having expertise in the relevant field, who are appointed by the authorities of the journal for a specified term of 2-3 years. Editorial board members are required to:
- Carry out peer-reviewing of submitted manuscripts
- Assess submissions based on the policy and scope of the journal
- Organize publication of thematic issues
- Invite new authors and submissions
- Provide editorials for thematic issues organized under their Guest Editorship
- Assist in identifying peer reviewers suitable to a specific topic and provide second opinions on papers in case of reviewer’s conflict
- Suggest suitable conferences for the editors to attend
- Assist in dissemination of the journal amongst authors, readers and subscribers and encourage colleagues to submit their best work
- Suggest competent board members
Associate Editorial Board Members:
The Associate Editorial Board Members consist of young and emerging researchers who are in starting phase of their careers. This section provides a platform to young researchers to interact with experts in the relevant field. They are appointed, for a specific term of 2 years, which is renewable by mutual agreement, after evaluating their contribution and performance towards the Journal. The responsibilities of Associate Editorial Board members is to:
- Carry out peer- reviewing of submitted manuscripts
- Submit/Solicit review/research articles to the Journal
The editorial board must be geographically diverse, having members from various regions based on their field of expertise, however, the size of the board may vary from journal to journal.
The Editorial board plays an essential role in the progress of the journal, so members are appointed as per the following criteria:
- Geographical diversity
- Relevance of expertise
- Must have a specific number of publications to their credit
- Eminence as per their posts in key research institutes
Potential Candidates for Editorial Board Membership:
Editorial board members are appointed based on the selection criteria stated above. Guest editors, previous authors or peer reviewers who have worked for the journal or have been recommended by other board members can be considered for Editorial board membership.
On being invited to the editorial board, the potential candidates are given a brief description of their responsibilities, and a clear statement of the position being a voluntary position with no remuneration.
A successful journal owes a lot to a competent editorial board, which must serve the journal with dedication and conviction.